Stevens County Library Summer Reading T-Shirt Design Contest Open to ages 10-18
Over 300 kids could be wearing YOUR design!
The 2013 Theme is: Dirt, Rocks, and Underground. Designs should bring one or more of these ideas to mind
1. Designs must be black on white line drawings.
2. Designs must be drawn by hand. No computer-generated designs will be accepted.
3. Designs must be appropriate for children AND must represent the theme. (Participants may be asked by library staff to edit their designs prior to the voting process.)
4. Participants must write their name on the back of their artwork.
5. Entries are due by February 22, 2013. Voting will begin March 1.
6. Each participant may enter up to 2 designs.
7. Library staff will select only ONE design from each participant to enter in the final contest.
8. Local children, tweens, & teens will vote for their favorite design.
9. The design with the most votes will be featured on the 2013 Summer Reading T-Shirts!
10. To get started, contact Stacey at the Stevens County Library 544-2301 or email email@example.com.
BLIND DATE WITH A BOOK
Tired of the Same Old Relationships? Need Something New and Exciting? How about a blind date with a book? During the month of February, stop by and check out a specially wrapped book from our display. Take it home, unwrap it, read it, and enjoy! If you donâ€™t like the book, simply return it to the library, its feelings wonâ€™t be hurt.
If that is too â€œout of the boxâ€ for you, try the â€œI donâ€™t remember the title, but the cover was redâ€ display at the front desk. You can see what you are getting!
ADULT WINTER READING PROGRAM
We now have 62 patrons signed up for the â€œLet It Snowâ€ adult winter reading program. Weâ€™re hoping for more than 70 before the program ends on Winners for the weekly prizes were Linda Birch, LaDonna Hall, and Cassandra Quillen.
You have one last chance to see the wonderful textiles now on display in the meeting room. Exhibitors, please be prepared to show a photo ID to pick up your items AFTER February 28.
1000 BOOKS BEFORE KINDERGARTEN
Register your child for 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten. When you register, you will receive a reading log bookmark to record the first 100 books your child experiences
After you and your child record 100 books on your reading log bookmark, return the bookmark to the library. For every 100 books your child experiences, he/she will add his/her name to our 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten progress chart! Upon the completion of every 100 books, you will receive a new reading log bookmark.
Upon reaching 1,000 books, your child will receive a certificate of completion and a small gift. Any child that has not yet enrolled in Kindergarten is eligible for this program. Count any books that are read to your child, no matter who reads the books: brother, sister, babysitter, or even a librarian at Circle Time!