Parents, help to prevent “Summer Slide.” “Summer slide” is the tendency for students to lose some of the achievement gains they made during the previous school year. The SCL has a way to help!
The Stevens County Library subscribes to a fun reading program that you and your child can access from home! BookFlix is an online literacy resource that pairs classic video storybooks with related nonfiction eBooks to build a love of reading and learning. This engaging resource for children in grades PreK-3 will help early readers develop and practice essential reading skills and introduces students to a world of knowledge and exploration.
Your children can access Scholastic BookFlix anywhere there is an Internet connection–it’s like having access to the library’s collection 24 hours a day, seven days a week! BookFlix includes:
- 110 classic video storybooks each paired with a related nonfiction eBook.
- Spanish language versions of 32 pairs.
- Read-aloud supports so students can hear each book narrated and also hear definitions of key words and directions for each activity read aloud.
- Educational games and activities so children can show what they have learned.
- Safe, age-appropriate web links selected by Scholastic’s editors so kids can extend their learning on a topic.
- Meet the author section to learn more about the author of each fiction book.
BookFlix is specifically created to support non-, beginning and reluctant readers – it’s the perfect resource for independent reading practice at the library and at home!
For details about the SCL’s subscription to BookFlix and easy instructions for using BookFlix from home, please contact the library staff.